Mobile Application Penetration Testing
In the present day, Mobile applications is a critical component to any business and is at the core for customers interacting with the brand, and associated services and products. Consumers spend most of their digital time on their smartphones, while trusting applications with their sensitive and personal information.
Mobile application security and privacy is a concern for enterprises - big or small. No-one wants their customer’s valuable information ending up in the wrong hands because of a faulty line of code or a vulnerable third party component. The consequences could be drastic and tragic - with brand reputation being damaged and social media being filled with negative messages by the competitors and consumers themselves.
We believe that organizations who value their users, have a core responsibility of being at the fore-front of security. This is where Attify comes in to ensure that while you take care of the business, we can take care of the security issues. We help secure your mobile applications by identifying all possible security issues before the attackers do, thus making your applications bullet-proof.
Mobile application security, being one of our core expertise, we have written books on the topic and have delivered training courses educating developers and security professionals all over the world on how to better build and break mobile applications.
Attify has done numerous penetration testing engagements on mobile applications from various verticals such as:
- Payments and financial
- Social networking
- BYOD and MDM solutions
- Enterprise internal apps and more.
Attify offers a complete security assessment and penetration testing through our unique offering of Attacker Simulated Exploitation for Mobile applications. This involves our security researchers compromising your mobile application’s security with an attacker’s mindset, thus revealing any possible security holes that might would have lead to a security breach of your mobile app.
Attify can work with you at all the different stages of your product lifecycle:
- Planning and pre-development phase
- During development
- Post-development and before launch
- Already launched
Attify also offers a continuos manual testing subscription for our selected clientele, who require each build of their application throughly tested for any possible security issue.
A typical mobile application penetration test (Attacker Simulated Exploitation) would involve the following components:
- Threat Modeling
- Reverse Engineering and Binary security analysis
- Code modification attacks
- Outdated 3rd party libraries and SDKs identification
- Exploiting Authorisation and Authentication based vulnerabilities
- Logical and Business related flaws exploitation
- Performing runtime manipulation attacks
- Checking for root detection mechanisms
- Assessing against OWASP Mobile Top 10 vulnerabilities
- PII data security analysis
- Working with developers to recommend best mitigations
WANT TO START A mobile ATTACKER SIMULATED EXPLOITATION FOR YOUR application?
- Due to the huge number of requests we receive, we only work with clients whom we believe we can genuinely help.
- One of our technical team members would reach out to you within 48 hours in order to understand the scope and discuss the requirements.
- We will notify you of any critical finding as soon as it is discovered
- We share a DSR (Daily Status Report) with you to have an idea of what module we're testing currently
- Once the testing is complete, we share a highly detailed report mentioning the vulnerabilities and the best available mitigations specific to your scenario.
- We interact with you (conference room, phone call, webex) for a brief discussion of the overall engagement, including having additional discussions with your developers, if needed.
- Once your developers have fixed all the vulnerabilities, a re-assessment is conducted to ensure that all the vulnerabilities have been securely patched.
- Continuous testing at frequent intervals depending on your requirements.
Mobile App Pentest
- Delivered by Attify Inhouse Pentesters
- In-depth Assessment guaranteed
- Detailed Report with POCs
- Recommendations and Mitigations
- 1 Free Reassessment w/ Report
Manual + Automated
- The exact number of days will be decided after discussing the project specifics
- Additional collaboration is possible to strengthen the security of the application post-pentesting
- The pentesting can be performed both pre-release and post-release of the application